Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Golden Banana Fry


Here's another recipe for Bananas/Plantains fry with the same cutting done for pazham pori.Only thing, batter is not used,instead sugar is sprinkled on top  and is as simple as that...
                When I was small my mother used to prepare this for me often,because no other way I ate bananas.But I think I loved these to eat up the sugar coated on them as that is what I find my kids doing now.
The recipe:
Ingredients
1.Ripe Banana/Plantain     1
2.Ghee/oil(refined)            for shallow frying
3.Sugar                         1 tsp
Method
-Cut the banana into half and again cut each half vertically into 4 to 5 slices.
-Heat ghee/oil in a pan.
-Fry the slices on both sides till golden brown.
-Place them on the serving plate and sprinkle sugar on top.
-Golden Banana fry is ready...


*Usually these are fried in ghee,but mostly I use oil (enough oil to cover the banana slices)and fry on medium - high flame,otherwise they get soggy and absorbs oil.
*If using ghee,use little and flip each slice 2-3 times till both sides are done without turning them dark.










1 comment:

  1. Very innovative and nice snack Ruxana.. Looks tempting :-)

    ReplyDelete

Friends...
Thank you for your visit and thanks a ton for your lovely comments....
So always keep in touch with your valuable comments and suggestions....
It means a lot to me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...