Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Semiya/Vermicelli Payasam


Whenever my children ask for a payasam , usually I go & check my kitchen shelves for vermicelli...that is one of the easiest payasam I could think of...Though I am not a big fan of this,my children they just can have it at any time...breakfast..lunch..dinner or any time...

Ingredients
Vermicelli        150gms
Milk                 5 cups
Sugar            3/4 cup(according to your taste)
Cardamom      2-3 (crushed)
Ghee               2 tbsp
Cashew nuts    1 tbsp (broken)
Raisins             few(optional)

 Method
-Heat ghee in a non stick pan and add cashew nuts when the nuts turn slightly brown in colour add the raisins.When the raisins puff remove both from pan and keep aside.
-In the same ghee add the vermicelli and roast for 2-3 minutes.
-Now add milk and then sugar.Mix well.
-When it starts boiling,reduce the flame, add the crushed cardamom and let it boil for about 5 to 7 minutes , stirring once or twice in between.
-When the vermicelli is cooked completely add the fried nuts and raisins and remove from fire.
-Serve hot or cold.

12 comments:

  1. payasam look delicious....
    I am your new follower,hope to read more posts from you...
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going grab that cup......yummy payasam.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the wishes dear. You are on of my special blogger. LOvely semiya payasam can I join too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, 'payasam' is the easiet dessert in the whole world!! Betw Payasam looks so good and adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,An Award is waiting :) I've passed on the Leibster Blog Award to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy payasam..Happy to follow u..do visit my space in your free time..
    Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems tasty & Easy .. i will be trying!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy payasam for all occassions.
    Sai Padma Priya
    www.soundaryasbeautyworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The payasam looks delicious Ruxana :-)

    ReplyDelete

Friends...
Thank you for your visit and thanks a ton for your lovely comments....
So always keep in touch with your valuable comments and suggestions....
It means a lot to me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...