Sunday, October 7, 2018

Tomato Pasta


Though Pasta making is considered easy but sometimes I feel its like making a Biryani.I know not all of you will agree with me.First boiling pasta,then sauteing the ingredients,then if there is an addition of any meat then frying that too..hehe. Maybe its when I think of preparing it in this form,which is usually prepared back home.But I would not say that for this tomato pasta.
This was made in no time.If you have the already cooked pasta ready then its more easy but otherwise you can saute on one stove and simultaneously cook the pasta on the other.Here I have not used any veggies along with Onion and tomato but you can use 1/4 cup of Carrot or Capsicum.And I have used dried Basil leaves but you can either use fresh ones or Oregano.That reminded me I have one more pasta recipe on blog a baked one loaded with Olives and cheese.
Now on to the recipe..


Ingredients
Cooked Pasta (I used spiral shaped)  2 cups
Onion  1 chopped
Cumin seeds  3/4 tsp
Garlic cloves 3 chopped
Dried Basil leaves  3/4 -1 tsp
Tomatoes 2 roughly chopped
Kashmiri Chili powder  1 tsp
Water  1/4 cup
Method
-Grind the chopped tomatoes along with the chilly powder in a blender.Keep this aside.
-Heat a wok and add oil.Add in the cumin seeds.Let it crackle.
-Now add the chopped onion and saute.Also add the chopped garlic pieces.
-When the onion turns transparent add the tomato-chilly paste and saute well.Cook till the oil separates.
-Now add water and salt.
-When the gravy starts boiling add the dried basil leaves and the cooked pasta.Mix well and serve.

7 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I agree about the process...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy pasta .. a treat for the eyes and stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pasta came out so good. looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I love pasta but I hardly cook pasta because hubby is not a fan of pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pasta looks yumm!! every child's favorite

    ReplyDelete

Friends...
Thank you for your visit and thanks a ton for your lovely comments....
So always keep in touch with your valuable comments and suggestions....
It means a lot to me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...