Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Dates Muhalabiya

10th of the month means it's time for another MFB Challenge.Sometimes I feel my blog runs due to such Challenges,because at least  at the the last hour,I manage to do the post.Its not purposely because I am engaged in so many things.Like I have a physiotherapy on alternative days,then the other days I have joined the Quran Tajweed and Grammer classes,where we have to study our portions etc.Sometimes a 7th STD boy comes for tuitons and at the end of the day after my house chores I just need to find my bed...hehe.
 

Today's Challenge was to prepare anything from a lovely blog,from 'Shab's Cuisine'.A blog with so many wonderful recipes,mainly those traditional recipes from the Malabar side,the lovely bakes,the middle eastern sweets and much more.Looking at her recipe index I had already planned to do something from her Arabic flavors,any sweets.So I tried this easy Middle Eastern Dessert Muhallabia.
This is a creamy pudding flavored with rose water and garnished with nuts and Dates(you can use any dry fruits).Now on to the recipe:
Ingredients
Condensed Milk  1 tin
Water    1 l
Rice flour   1/2 cup
Corn flour    2 tbsp
Rose water    1/2 to 3/4 tbsp
Dates chopped    1 cup
Almonds or Pistachios    to garnish

Method
-In a saucepan add the water and condensed milk and mix well.Stir in the rice flour and corn flour to this and mix thoroughly using a whisk.
-Place on low to medium heat stirring continuously till the mixture turns thick.
-Now add in the rose water,stir and remove from flame.
-Add in the chopped Dates.Pour in serving bowls and refrigerate.
-Garnish with Dates and nuts and serve.




16 comments:

  1. Yummy share!They looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is best to be busy in life dear... you won't have time to think otherwise... good luck for your Quran classes! I love Muhallabia... always delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dish sounds perfect for the hot summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MashaAllah, the dates muhalabiya looks stunning with the flowers beside. I am glad you found time to blog with that kind of busy schedule. It is nice to keep yourself busy learning new things. All the best dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly appreciate how you manage so many things and yet find time to blog. As blogging takes a lot time and effort.I am also in a quran class group and I truly enjoy every bit of it.So end of the day it is all about how we manage ourselves with the time. Great going Ruxana. I have pinned this recipe on my iftar list as Muhallabiya has a cooling effect in Ramadan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new dessert for me, looks so delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything with condensed milk I am in, this looks rich and yummmy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummmm. Thanks for asking about my dad. Hd is gng for surgery tomorrow insha allah will b ok

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never had Dates Muhalabiya, but it looks so intriguing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome recipe............perfect for this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Priya @asmallbite
    Nice recipe,lovely pics too....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to try this. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete

Friends...
Thank you for your visit and thanks a ton for your lovely comments....
So always keep in touch with your valuable comments and suggestions....
It means a lot to me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...