Saturday, September 19, 2015

Carrot-Coconut Pola/A Simple Carrot-Coconut Cake-Guest Post For Mahaslovelyhome

I was very excited when Usha asked me if I could do a guest post as a part of her 3rd blog anniversary.Usha is a lovely friend whom I got through blogging and connected through facebook.


      Actually this was supposed to be my first guest post,but as another post was to be done during Ramadan,this got a little late.Usually I don't do guest posts thinking if I can't do it on the time allotted.But again when such lovely friends invite,there's not a second thought :) Usha was so kind enough to give me a long gap for the post.Once this post was completed also, it took time to get published waiting for me to reach back from India.
      Though I was a little late with my post she had her Friday guest posts regularly with so many lovely friends and their recipes.Actually I was in a fix as to what recipe to post on her blog because she has a wide variety of dishes in her space 'Mahaslovelyhome' be it from starters to desserts both veg and non-veg.Then the idea of Pola-a Malabar delicacy came into my mind.
          I have already posted a few on my blog. Pola is a Malabar delicacy.There are two versions of Pola - the sweet ones and the savoury ones.The sweet ones have a texture more like that of a cake or pudding like the Carrot pola,Thari pola, Kadalaparippu pola(made using lentils) or the Kaipola (made using ripe plantains) and the other type has a filling of meat(Chicken or Beef layered) like the Erachi pola. Polas are cooked in non-stick cake pans coated with a little ghee and the batter is poured and cooked on low flame till done(20 minutes).
        Do hop on to Usha's space for the recipe:



Ingredients 
Carrot grated          11/2 cup
Coconut scraped     3/4 cup
Ghee    2-3 tsp
Eggs        4
Milk powder  3 tbsp
APF/Maida     1 heaped spoon
Sugar           4 tbsp+3 tbsp
Cardamom     2
Method
-Heat a frying pan and add the grated coconut along with 4 tbsp of sugar.Saute for a minute and add the grated carrots.Saute for 3-4 minutes till the water dries up(the mix reduces in volume and becomes a little sticky).Switch off the flame and keep this aside.
-Now in a blender add the eggs,the remaining sugar,milk powder,flour and Cardamom.Blend till everything mixes well.
-Pour this egg mixture into the sauteed carrot-coconut and mix well with a spoon. 
-Heat a non stick cake pan.Add ghee (make sure the sides and bottom of the pan is coated well).Now pour the batter into this and keep covered on low flame for 20 to 25 minutes,till cooked.
-Cut into pieces and serve.



9 comments:

  1. Lovely guest post..Delicious pola :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice recipe n lovely chit chat it was vth u dear..Thank u once again..Keep in touch da..happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes Nammi,somewhat like a cake but not that fluffy texture

      Delete
  4. I recently made carrot pola but yours looks different... and love the addition of coconut! Guest post cheyyumbo the best bet is our thani naadan recipes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This s new to me.. I haven't heard/ tasted this.. Looks moist and delicious. I should try this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very delicious.. nice guest post..

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the color,looks super tempting one !

    ReplyDelete

Friends...
Thank you for your visit and thanks a ton for your lovely comments....
So always keep in touch with your valuable comments and suggestions....
It means a lot to me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...