Monday, September 17, 2018

Paneer Green Peas Coconut Curry/Creamy Paneer Matar

Mostly Thursday and Friday dinner is from outside.That is either we eat from out or buy parcel.In one of my earlier post I have mentioned about my cousin's newly opened Cafeteria and so now it's sometimes from there or BBQ from our nearby Restaurant.But there are weekends when sometimes we don't go out or I feel like finishing off some veggies which has been there in my refrigerator from long.
Last weekend we didn't go out as my hubby was busy in his Office and I was in no mood to prepare something elaborate.Finding Paneer in the freezer I thought I will make a simple masala with paneer.While sauteing the onion  and tomato suddenly I thought I will add some green peas also.Then it struck me why not add some coconut milk to it for a creamy gravy and thus this curry was made.
This curry has a nice creamy gravy and if you have both Paneer and frozen peas ready then you can make it easily.If planning ahead you can soak and use dried green peas also.It tastes well with both cooked basmati rice and also with Chapathis.Over to the recipe
Ingredients
Paneer  150 gms
Green peas (frozen)  1/4 cup
Onion  1 medium finely chopped
Tomato 1 finely chopped
Cumin seeds  1/4 tsp
Ginger-Garlic paste 1 tsp
Green chilly  2 slit
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder   1/2 tsp
Coriander powder  1 tsp
Garam masala  1/4 tsp
Thick Coconut milk 1 cup
Water  1/4 cup
Coriander leaves chopped   1/4 cup
Oil  3 tsp
Salt  as needed

Method 
-Heat a pan and oil.When the oil turns hot add cumin seeds.Let it splutter. 
-Now add the chopped onion and the ginger garlic paste.Saute well till the onion turns golden brown.
-Now add the slit green chilly and the chopped tomatoes.
-Saute till the tomatoes turn soft.Now add in the chilly,coriander and turmeric powder.Saute well and add 1/4 cup water. 
-Now add the green peas,salt and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes.
-Now add in the paneer cubes and mix well till the masala is coated well on the paneer.Add the garam masala.
-After 5 minutes add the thick coconut milk and mix well.
-Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve.

7 comments:

  1. Rich & delicious curry.........loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paneer mattar looks absolutely delicious and creamy... the color is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruxana,
    It's my first time on your blog. Happy to meet you :-)
    Mattar Paneer is one of my favorites too, and I've never tried it with coconut milk...that does sound so yumm! Hope to see you around....
    -Manju

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to eat this with chapati!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a rich gravy... love this matar paneer recipe...

    ReplyDelete

Friends...
Thank you for your visit and thanks a ton for your lovely comments....
So always keep in touch with your valuable comments and suggestions....
It means a lot to me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...